Sunday 23 August 2015

CLASS-6-Perfect tenses


PERFECT TENSE

Present Perfect

Subject +has/have+ past participle form of the verb.(III form of the verb)

I,we,you,they-have
he,she,it-has.

Past perfect

Subject+had+past participle form of the verb.(III form of the verb)

EX A.
1.The salesman has rung the bell.

2.The postman has delivered the letter.

3.I have bought a cricket bat.

4.They have gone to swim in the river.

5.Rina has gone to Lucknow.

6.My parents have left for Shimla.

7.India has beaten Australia in the finals.

8.You have lost your pencil box again!

9.He has injured his elbow.

10.I have seen his report card.

11.The child has broken the cookie jar.

12.They have fought a long battle for their rights.
 
Ex B.
2.I had waited for two hours then I left.

3.The mechanic had repaired the car when its owner arrived.

4.I had hoped that I would succeed.

5.Mr.Ray had lost his job but no one knew about it.

6.I had planned to visit you but I got delayed by the rain.

7.I had finished the painting when I received your message.

8.The chairman had taken his seat when the police arrived.

9.The farmer had sown the seeds when the rains began.

10.The play had started before I reached the hall.

11.Sushmita returned home after she had visited all her aunts.

12.The children arrived soon after we had reached the museum.

Ex C.
  1. have finished
  2. has packed
  3. has helped
  4. have lived
  5. has been
  6. has promised
  7. have known
  8. have done
  9. have gained
  10. have raised

FUTURE PERFECT TENSE

Subject+will/shall+have+past participle form of the verb.(III form of the verb)

EX A.
1.shall have shifted
2.will have arrived
3.shall have completed
4.will have delivered
5.shall have lived
6.will have departed
7.will have reached
8.will have commenced

EX B.
  1. I shall have returned by next week.
  2. They will have spent all their energy by then.
  3. I shall have completed my work before Christmas.
  4. The concert will have begun before you reached the hall.
  5. Before you reach the school ,he will have left.
  6. By this time next year she will have graduated.
  7. Many months will have passed before they meet again.
  8. This athlete will have broken his own record by the end of the year.
  9. Rahul will have taken our luggage to the airport an hour before our departure.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home