Friday 21 August 2015

CLASS 6-Continuous tenses


CONTINUOUS TENSES

PRESENT CONTINUOUS
Subject+is/am/are+'ing' form of the verb.

I -am
we,you,they-are
he,she,it-is

PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE
Subject+was/were+'ing' form of the verb.

I,he,she,it-was
we,you they-were

FUTURE CONTINUOUS
Subject+will be/shall be+'ing'form of the verb

I,we-will be/shall be
you,he,she,it,they-will be




EX A.
1.will wait-simple future
is getting-present continuous

2.was searching-past continuous
found-simple past

3.will be working-future continuous
need-simple present

4.invited,cooked-simple past

5.was talking-past continuous
completed-simple past

6.shall be going-future continuous

7.are grazing-present continuous
seem-simple present

8.started-past continuous
were-simple past


EX B.

1.I was cleaning an old trunk yesterday.I found my coat in it.

2.Tomorrow at this time,I shall be playing golf.

3.The students were leaving the class,when the teacher entered.

4.They are admitting more students to class I.

5.I am listening to Arabic music.

6.Mr.Sinha's wife was driving the car,when the accident occured.

7.I bought the pizza because I was hungry.

8.I am studying very hard for the exam,but tomorrow at this time I will be playing tennis.

 
EX C.
1.He will be giving the officer a letter.

2.A number of rabbits were running about.

3.They will be painting on an enormous canvas.

4.Gita is driving her new car to office.

5.I will be writing a letter to the editor of a newspaper about this.

6.While the youngsters were playing ,the criminals broke into their homes.

7.I am practising yoga exercises.

8.We were returning as it got dark.

9.We will be listening to the radio all evening.

10.I will be walking home at a brisk pace.


11.Jenny is drawing a portrait of Mother Teresa.

12.I am learning German at this institute.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home